Chief Nursing Officer-Hospital
Required: Wyoming RN license, BSN, 5 years hospital leadership experience, understanding of department budgets, values and demonstrates teamwork, effective written and oral communication skills, embrace and lead with Engage to Excel principles.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible and accountable for nursing service care delivery in all hospital patient care areas. Management and 24-hour responsibility for planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling nursing service functions and areas within the hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIILITIES:
1. Maintains an understood and acceptable system of planning that utilizes, forecasts, objectives, programming, schedules, policies, and procedures.
2. Maintains an organizational structure with clearly defined responsibilities and authority. Maintains effective teamwork and delegates within established controls.
3. Controls through performance standards, observations, and performance evaluations.
4. Maintains a stable and productive work force through logical decision-making, personal development, skills and abilities.
5. Participates in the staffing pattern when needed.
6. Develops new programs which will enhance hospital service.
7. Maintains and promotes public relations with physicians, consumers, and the community.
8. Evaluates over-all function and nursing care delivery.
9. Assists in formation of Nursing Service philosophy and objectives and their implementation.
10. Facilitates good working relationships between nursing staff, physicians, and administration.
11. Motivates and develops abilities of nursing staff employees, counsels regularly to promote growth, performance improvements, and achievement of goals.
12. Attends assigned meetings, committee meetings, professional conferences and maintains professional memberships.
13. Investigates trends, developments and research in nursing and evaluates their adaptability to the needs of the hospital.
14. Interviews and selects job candidates, and when necessary, terminates nursing service employees.
15. Member of the Senior Leadership team.
16. Leads and participates in Quality improvement and assurance functions by collecting and verifying data, as needed.
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Supervises licensed nurses in their daily work.
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Conducts licensed personnel staff meetings on a regular basis
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety and infection control
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Knowledge of general office equipment and procedures
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Effective human relation skills
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state and federal regulations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ BSN and 5 years' experience in hospital leadership
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wyoming
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Effective human relation skills
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Ability to communicate effectively as this position has constant contact with patients and works closely with clinic staff and physicians.
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directive to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Visual acuity Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ to utilize computer terminal screens, read patient records, files, invoices, etc.
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Hearing ability Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ to answer telephone and relate to employees and public.
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Manual dexterity Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ to operate calculator, keyboard, copy machine, and fax.
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Ability to work under pressure.
Ã¢ï¿½Â¢ Work is usually sedentary, but does require driving, sitting, standing, walking, reaching, pulling, pushing, and grasping with risk of environmental exposure to communicable diseases.
Position Type : Full Time
Kirsten Bryson - HR Director
1115 Lane 12
Lovell, WY 82431