North Big Horn Hospital District HistoryThrough the years we have helped generation after generation reach better health. Our organization has been striving to serve the needs of our region since we were established. We here at North Big Horn Hospital District are loyal to our community and will continue to strive for excellence in healthcare.
Being part of the community has been an important goal throughout the years, and with your help and loyalty we can continue to provide health services that you can depend on.
- 1902 - The first hospital in Lovell was a log building; built by Dr. Clymer.
- 1922 - An apartment building was remodeled into a larger hospital facility by Dr. Thomas Croft and Dr. W. W. Horsley.
- 1935 - Another hospital was built; now known as the Cattleman Motel.
- 1955 - On February 17, 1955 the election for "Special Hospital District"
- 1957 - A bond was passed to construct a 30-bed hospital located on top of the hill.
- 1962 - A ten-bed nursing home adjoining the hospital was completed.
- 1973 - An additional 20--bed wing was added to the nursing home.
- 1984 - The hospital was completed (30-beds).
- 1985 - The old hospital was remodeled into a 60-bed nursing home.
- 1987 - July, 1987. NBHH Nursing Home was changed to New Horizons Care Center.
- 1989 - A bond issue was passed for the construction of a new 90-bed nursing home attached to the hospital.
- 1992 - February 14, 1992 the nursing home was completed.
- 1999 - Remodeled NBHH Clinic.
- 1999 - February 8, 1999 the Assisted Living Center was formally opened.
- 2008 - Skylights were installed above pods 7 & 8 at New Horizons Care Center. And the lobby and main corridor of the hospital were remodeled and updates.
- 2016 - October 12, 2016 the new Medical Clinic and Occupational and Physical Therapy facility formally opened.